maysw

Blast. Textiles. Art. Travel. Tribes. Textiles. Blast

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Newborn supplies

Arrival of my new adorable nephew Caiden Poon has led to an exploration in creating a new little artefact. Making use of my stunning, boast-worthy, and not to mention - trusty, Bernina sewing machine aids the process of this. (Note: the Bernina is a bloody awesome killer sewing machine. Not for the faint-hearted but for the one that requires quality, strength and simplicity - that's me!).

These artefacts be 'Nursing Covers', for newborn babies and mothers. I'm not one for having a maternal streak, not now, at this point in my young life anyhow. Though you can see how effective this item can be, especially for a shy (embarrassingly exposed) and/or considerate mother. How these Nursing Covers can benefit both baby, mother and the rest of the world, is that they shield the most fundamental task in any new mother's upbringing of their little-un; breastfeeding!

I've made these nifty Nursing Covers using a range of colours/styles of fabrics. From one block colour to floral patterns. Personally I prefer the colourful, however, you are entitled to judge for yourself which you may prefer. I've also incorporated two inner pockets for mother to pocket little objects into. They do look a mess, though I feel their advantageous aspects; adjustable, light, airy and safe, counteracts the messiness they exude. Please have a gander at a selected sample with a kind & loving heart.

It really does amaze me how meditative and achieving I find sewing to be. However simple the task is, t'is indeed a gem and a joy, and I look forward to excite you to further lengths by taking you on some other ventures I've experimented and 'tasked' myself with later on. Until then, so long.










No comments: