maysw

Blast. Textiles. Art. Travel. Tribes. Textiles. Blast

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

S(m)ashing!

Getting crafty and adventurous, I make these at top speed once I put my mind to it.



* Name an occasion
* Give me a name, title or saying
* I come up with something quirky (or you can)
* You agree?
* And I'll be pleased to embroider this onto a colourful ribboned satin sash..
* ..acquainted and adorned with special jewels or buttons
* Ta daaaa!











How it developed
The task was to organise a 'Baby Shower' a couple of months ago. Rather than going for the easy option of buying a sash for mother-to-be, I much prefer unique things that hone more sentimentality than mass-produced items! Thus, endorsing that rampant creative streak and having the resources to do so, I opted for creating my very own unique blend.


i. So here we have (to our right hand side), for my sister Leesan (aka mother-to-be), a sash, with the word(s): Mother Lee, a slight spin on Motherly. Do we comprende?

ii. Secondly - and lastly, for now - as featured below, we have a Hen (aka bride-to-be) who is often nicknamed as 'Little', thus the name 'Mrs Little Hen' was induced.






Quirky, courageous but light and generally fun with some obvious individuality. You can't go wrong here. A special keepsake for that special person and for you too! And once again, I adore making these. S(m)ashing!


No comments: